Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > Open Discussion

Notices

Open Discussion A place to chat with other members about non-technical related topics

Topic Tools
Old May 24th, 2007, 03:32 PM
Rampant Rabbit

Do you believe in Ghosts??

Or has anyone actually seen one?
Old May 24th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Dw i ddim yn hoffi eira

O/S: Windows XP Pro
I haven't seen one but I have been accused of putting the willies up people.
Old May 24th, 2007, 04:23 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
NO!
Old May 24th, 2007, 06:21 PM

O/S: MacOS
I thought i saw one when i was about 9 or 10...lived in this house for a while (grandparents) that had sort of 2 staircases with a landing inbetween......saw this hooded shadow crossing the middle landing in the middle of the night when I had to get up. Scared me stupid lol but it was probably an over active imagination .

Then when we moved where I am now, (also grandparents house before they died) the overwhelming smell of cigar smoke would suddenly permeate the air almost daily, just for a short period each time My grandpa used to smoke them and I really thought he was paying me a visit LOL. Got fed up with it in the end, 'told' him I couldnt stand the smell anymore, and it stopped.........

So I guess I am a bit of a believer
Old May 24th, 2007, 06:32 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
I have seen a couple of them so I do believe.
Old May 24th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Rampant Rabbit

I haven't actually seen one, but had a wierd experience as a teenager.
I was about 18 I think, still living with my mum. Some nights I used to wake up with a jolt in the night, as if someone made a noise. Then I could hear things in the room moving, just slightly.
I used to hate going to bed.
It all came to a head one Friday night. My mum slept in the bedroom next to mine and went to bed at around 11pm, I was out for the night with my girlfriend and only got home around 2am, and promptly fell asleep on the chair downstairs.
In the morning when my mum got up she asked me what hell I was doing banging around in my room last night at just after 12, she says it woke her up and she got up and banged on my door and told me to shut up.
I never slept in that room again.
Old May 24th, 2007, 07:08 PM

ooooh scary !!! Im not surprised you didnt sleep in there again!
Old May 24th, 2007, 07:30 PM
CTH Subscriber

As I said in a previous reply, I can recall seeing ghosts, spirits or whatever twice.

The first time when I was in first grade, I remember waking up early one morning and seeing a stranger standing in the door frame of my bedroom. Nobody was in the house so as most kids would do, cover my head with blankets.

The second time was when I was a security guard in a factory. It was sunday evening and nobody was in the building but me. The building covered 55 acres and all the lights were out. I was making my rounds when I saw someone walk from one of the break areas into another room, then disappear.

One thing about that building, there was a corner of another room where every time I was in the area, I would get goosebumps and cold chills would run down my spine from the back of my neck. It was the only area in the whole building where I would make sure the lights were on before entering.
Old May 24th, 2007, 08:09 PM

Quote:
The second time was when I was a security guard in a factory. It was sunday evening and nobody was in the building but me. The building covered 55 acres and all the lights were out. I was making my rounds when I saw someone walk from one of the break areas into another room, then disappear.
That reminds me of the tales the security men at the Bank where I worked used to tell; at night, they had to do 2-hourly checks all around the building and down in the bowels of the place was the plant room with all the machinery, heating systems and the like. During the day, you couldnt hear yourself think in there, but at night when stuff went off it was eerily quiet. I dont think there was one of the guys who hadnt seen or heard something weird or unexplainable. They were all convinced it was haunted.
Old May 24th, 2007, 08:37 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
i believe in ghosts. Never seen one.... probably poo myself if i did.....

However i have something wierd to tell you... if you didnt know of course. Get an infrared remote. Anykind TV etc.. and point it at a digital camera and look through at the screen or take photo. Make sure u pushing a button. It's wierd, but kind of supports the theory of ghosts. An invisible infrared light can be seen... spooky.....
Old May 25th, 2007, 12:17 AM

Thumbs up

http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/...ad.php?t=91460
Old May 25th, 2007, 09:42 AM
CTH Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by agithegreat View Post
i believe in ghosts. Never seen one.... probably poo myself if i did.....

However i have something wierd to tell you... if you didnt know of course. Get an infrared remote. Anykind TV etc.. and point it at a digital camera and look through at the screen or take photo. Make sure u pushing a button. It's wierd, but kind of supports the theory of ghosts. An invisible infrared light can be seen... spooky.....
which reminds me, I remember many, many, many moons ago, back in kiddygarden, my dad used the reflection from a mirror to scare us into thinking a ghost was flying around the room. He was in the living room and was able to get the reflection into the bedroom. I barely remember it but I guess it was traumatic enough were I remember the reflection flying part.
Old May 25th, 2007, 05:46 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
I've seen three.
Bricked it the first twice, chased it the third time.
I've also experienced having people in the room with me when it was empty. That puts the bejabbers up me.
Old May 25th, 2007, 09:10 PM
CTH Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurfen View Post
I've also experienced having people in the room with me when it was empty. That puts the bejabbers up me.
what was that you said about magnetic fields not affecting you

seriously, episodes like that makes you wonder about how close the spirit world is to our world or if its just another dimension of time and space.
Old May 25th, 2007, 10:48 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Not a ghost, but when we were kids[aged about 7 or 8] me and my sister saw a religious figure climb off it's stand and walk up and down the dressing table - we were in bed, it was dark but the figure was luminous. We were half frightened to death - our parents told us we were dreaming, but we weren't