Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > The Anything Else Board

Notices

The Anything Else Board This board has been designed for all those subjects that don't quite fit in any of the other categories, and is also a place to share ideas and knowledge that you think might prove valuable to our other visitors

Topic Tools
Old August 26th, 2005, 09:11 PM

Question Haven't Seen This Anywhere..Help!!!

I don't even know where to post this, and I'm not sure I can even explain it...but here goes..
First of all, I have Windows ME and am one of those who have really never had any major problems with it...
So here's this problem...I don't know what it relates to...
Everything is going along fine, doesn't matter what I'm doing..It can be reading e-mails, browing on different sites, etc...anything..
Then for instance I click on let's say the X to close the program or delete to delete an e-mail..
Now all of a sudden, things stop, for lack of a better word...It doesn't Freeze....It just doesn't proceed on with the close, delete, or whatever...When I try moving the mouse, the arrow just kind of sits there....won't go anywhere..Can anyone help???
I know it's a scrappy explanation, it may be one of those, "you have to be there" deals...I hope not, cause it sure is aggravating...
If I restart, it will take care of it, but that is also aggravating..I would love to know if it's something to adjust, etc. without having to shut down...
Thanks, this Forum is AWESOME
Carmen
Old August 26th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Rampant Rabbit

Hi Carmen.. it used to happen to me all the time when I had ME. Never did find a cure or explaination for it. Like you say.. re-booting seems to be the only cure. Long live XP!!
Old August 26th, 2005, 09:42 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Thumbs up

Would happened to me to. No real cure. Have you tried to go into the Task Manager, by holding down the Ctrl and Alt keys and punching Delete, and ending only the program that using caused the freeze.

Long live XP.
Old August 27th, 2005, 03:36 PM

Thanks for the response...The only thing that really has me bugged is, I have had ME since like 1999 and this is the first time this has happened...That's why I thought someone might know another solution...

THanks

Carmen
Old August 27th, 2005, 10:07 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
I run XP i find it happens sometimes, i cure it by getting rid of temp internet files and cookies.Here's a good program to clear unwanted old files ect. CCleaner.