Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old March 24th, 2005, 07:28 AM

Angry XP pro

Hi ,
I`m back again.....the guy that sold me the computer says it`s not the modem, (still debatable) Now he`s saying that someone is hacking into my computer & kicking me off ..also he told me to put zone alarm on which I did.
The win xp firewall setting keeps shutting off. I go in check it & in the next time I turn the computer on it`s unchecked.He says someone is doing this. I find this really hard to believe. He had the box check for remote control but said he didn`t do this my server did. Someone please help me. Do I really need zone alarm with the win firewall thought they didn`t work good together.I play in pogo alot & he said someone there is booting me off line.
Just going a little crazy here...lol. Thanks for your help.
Old March 24th, 2005, 10:08 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Is this happening on other sites? My mom plays games like that one alot and she has had alot of problems with getting kicked off to. Its not someone hacking, it is simply something in the games setup. She said there is a certain spot she hits and it kicks her every time.

Secondly, ZA is alot better than Windows firewall. But, I'd go with Sygate and dump ZA. IT is alot harder on your system resources.
Old March 24th, 2005, 01:35 PM

Question XP pro

Hi Dodge,
Sorry guess I didn`t explain it right. I think I put it in the other post .I don`t usually get booted out of the games, it when I`m trying to get on line.
It takes forever to dail up & sometimes I get error messages.Like: 619,629. 678 & the latest 777. With my old 98se I never had any trouble at all. I`m on a seperate line just for my computer nothing else on it. My husbands computer is using win98se & he usually connects before I do & he`s on our phone line. My line has been tested by the phone company & they say it`s fine.I pluged a phone into it & called someone & they was no static on the line.This is getting really frustarating. I mean a new computer & all & I`m having all this trouble. Checked the win firewall before I came online this morning & it was off again.Thanks for your help.