Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Networking

Notices

Networking Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Networking, router, and Wi-Fi issues

Topic Tools
Old April 15th, 2010, 05:32 AM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Bridging and sharing internet connection on Windows 7

Hi guys,

Im trying to connect my xbox 360 to my laptop using a ethernet connection and then using a wireless connection from my laptop to connect to the internet.

I tryed bridging but that didnt help :|

So i tryed sharing internet connection by right clicking my wirless network, selecting propertys , then the sharing tab and then finally ticking the 2 boxes .

But when i do that, my internet connection stops working completely and instead of giving me my wireless network name it gives me Undentified !

Then when i repair the problem it sais my DHCP was disabled :S

( i only want to do this so i can connect my xbox 360 to windows media center and stream videos )

Thanks!
Old April 15th, 2010, 06:17 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Here's a quick guide... I've read that ICS doesn't work all that well when trying to do this so try bridging them together once more.

1. Right-Click where it shows your internet connection in the taskbar and click open network and sharing center.
2. On the left hand panel, click change adapter settings.
3. The key to the next part is that under properties for both local area connection and wireless network connection under the sharing tab, un-check the top box. Then highlight both wireless and local area connection and Right-Click one of the connections and click bridge connections.

Give this a shot and post back how it works or any error messages you get when doing this.

Hope this helps everyone with the same problem! oh, and btw, Im using a crossovercable this time, but I dont think it really matters...but FYI

Last edited by XvXBladeXvX; April 15th, 2010 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Typo