Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old October 25th, 2009, 10:39 PM

windows xp installation - sata hard

Hi,
I'm trying to install windows on my laptop, and it has a sata harddrive ( - hitachi hts723232l9a360), but when i try to install windows xp it gives me the blue screen after loading the drivers before it takes you to the installation option screen. I thought it might be becouse windows xp does not come with sata drivers, so im trying to find the driver for this so that i can slipstream it in.
Any idea?
Old October 26th, 2009, 02:24 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Windows XP should have no problem with that drive, however, Windows XP does not natively include drivers for SATA controllers, which may be your problem. SATA drivers come from the motherboard not the Hard drive manufacture. Check the manufactures site of the lappy for the drivers.

Also may want to run a diagnostic on the drive as it may have some bad sectors on it. Hitachi has its own utility:
http://www.hitachigst.com/hdd/support/download.htm#OGT