Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old April 21st, 2008, 06:17 PM

video controller (vga comp)

Hi there,
I recently had to reload my Win. Xp. Since reloading XP, I can't get my DVD player to play video's. In the devise manger there is a Yellow Question Mark my the Video controller. Any suggestion?
Old April 22nd, 2008, 01:00 AM
CTH Subscriber

You need to install the updated video drivers for that card/chip. if it's a dell, gateway, HP, then go to that website for the drivers. if it's an Nvidia, or ati, then go to their website for the drivers.
Old April 22nd, 2008, 03:57 PM

My computer is a noname, how do I tell what drivers to download. Sorry to be such a dummy. :0)
Old April 23rd, 2008, 12:57 AM
CTH Subscriber

Click the download link at the top of the page, Under the whats new header, click on the "pc wizard 2007" link. Download and install it. Run the program, under the system summary it should list the video card that is installed. Post the info back here and we'll make sure you get the correct drivers.