Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old December 20th, 2006, 07:15 PM

RPC and DCOM relates to Windows Installer problems?I really need help from you guys!

Hey I'm having these problem i listed all here: (please take time to read thx)
I don't know how to fix it just everything about Windows Installer to RPC unavailable to DCOM Server Proccess Launcher doesn't work (it said it could not start the DCOM Server Process Launcher service on the computer. Error 1083: The executable program that this service is configured to run in does not implement the service.) I went to try everything but no signs of working. Like I Run "Dcomcnfg" it appears a window called Component Services. Then i expand Component Service on the left panel and right when i start to expand the Computers Folder that Component Service thing just close itself. I start to repeat do the same thing but the same problem happens so i didn't get to configure the DCOM service. And one more problem how come everytime i check in Services I see my Windows Installer Service just automatically turn off itself and everytime i check on the Services i have to start Windows Installer again and again( and yeah after i start the Windows Installer for a while i decide to run a setup and yes it doesn't work so i have to go back to Windows Installer to start and right at that moment i can run the setup but after a while i have to do the same thing; I right-click Windows Installer and chose automatic as its start up type but idk what stop the Windows Installer from running. Oh and the RPC unavailable i tried to do several things about it.
I first check on a website tell me to delete "engine" folder and then update the iKernel.exe file by dowload the update to my comp. and when i start to run the update yes it also appear: "The InstallShield Engine (iKernel.exe) could not be installed. The system cannot find file specified. So yeah i can't run the update for the engine. And one more thing i just bought Call of Duty 2 the game i install it it appears two error one is error 1608 Unable to create
InstallDriver instance, Return code: -2147221021 and one is error 1607 so
i can't install the game which get me mad. Anyways if any of you guys know
what's the problem cause these problems ( sometimes i can't even uninstall
a program and can't install a program and it appears the iKernel.exe error again and again) i would appreciate to hear how to solve this problems since i tried my best but no signs of working it, thank you so much.
Old December 20th, 2006, 07:17 PM

sorry i'm new to the forum and don't know much if i could start a topic like this
Old December 20th, 2006, 08:58 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
RPC and DCOM relates to Windows Installer problems?I really need help from you guys!

Have you run any spyware and virus scans recently?

Run an online scan

Here: http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/ActiveScan.htm
Old December 20th, 2006, 11:57 PM

Yeah i have AVG Antivirus and use to scan it weekly so i don't i need any online scan right?
Old December 21st, 2006, 01:16 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
There is no antivirus software that can be 100% effective on 100% of the viruses out there 100% of the time. That's why a second opinion is a good idea if infection is suspected. It'll only take some time and if a problem is found and fixed, it'll be worth it.
Old December 21st, 2006, 01:36 AM

have a read of this regarding dcom http://www.updatexp.com/dcom-windows-xp.html install 3.1 installer at microsft downloads the v2 version which is updated 3.1, windows installer in services leave it be its fine

Last edited by iwishiknew; December 21st, 2006 at 01:41 AM.