Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old June 20th, 2006, 02:40 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
New sound card and speaker (Noise)

Just got a new Crystal 4 channel sound card. Also got a set of Logitech speakers. 5 speaker system plus Sub.

They sound great.

My problem is when I bring up certain webpages it make alot of Static Noise. Also on any site. When I hover over links and also while a page is loading they have this noise also.

Any Ideas on what could be causing the static noise. Its freaking annoying...
Old June 20th, 2006, 03:22 AM
CTH Subscriber

Just figured out that the worse time with this is when any page that has Flash on it is open. It does this in Shareaza's player and WMP.
Old June 20th, 2006, 03:40 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Yo Dodge:

Have you checked the add-ons in IE -- TOOLS | INTERNET OPTIONS | PROGRAMS | ADD-ONS check if any of the audio are disabled.

Have Java installed?? May interfer...

Also

Go to Tools | Internet Options | Advanced tab in the dialog box that opens, then scroll down the list to the Multimedia section. Find "Don't display online media content in the media bar" and make sure it's not checked.

If this option is checked and you're using Windows Media Player (WMP) as your CD or MP3 player, you're in a bit of a pickle if you want to keep it that way. Once you click a Web link to an audio file, WMP automatically stops playing its current sound source (your CD or MP3 file) in order to play the audio from the link. And, unfortunately, once the Web audio is done, WMP doesn't remember what it was doing before, so it doesn't resume playing your music. If you let IE play Web audio through the Media Bar, then you won't have this problem.
Old June 20th, 2006, 04:13 AM
CTH Subscriber

Checked everything you mentioned. Everything looked good except I did forget to install Java after I formatted a few weeks ago. But that didn't help either.

If I have WMP going and the graphics part is showing, then it slows the music down and sounds about like an old record player when you turn it down to 45 speed. and has alot of static.

This is a weird one...

Thanks for the help Murf. I do appreciate it.