Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old February 13th, 2005, 08:17 PM

Question USB 2.0 Driver Failure

Hi folks,

Since i got such brilliant help (and I do mean brilliant - thanks to Pancake esp) here last time, I thought I'd pick the many available brains on this site on the subject of my latest XP worries:

My USB adaptor seems to be running ok in 1.1 mode, i.e. when I plug in my WhyPod to my laptop, it tells me that a high speed usb device is is plugged into a non-high speed port, but then still uploads albeit a bit slowly. I am fairly sure that my hardware is suitable for high-speed usb banter, and when I check the device designer it tells me that the USB controller is not-working properly. Having tried the windows update page, it tells me that there are no downloads available for me, not sure if that means I dont have Service pack 1 or 2 installed (your right, I should really know either way...). So, if anyone has any ideas as to how to sort this, I'd be a happy chappy, and lemme no if u need more info!

Thanks in advance,

A Despairing Dunce
Old February 14th, 2005, 05:01 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
It is difficult to help you since we don't know exactly what usb you have on your system. Download everest to see
Old February 20th, 2005, 11:15 PM

Yeah ran everest but not sure where it tells me which USB controller i'v got, any clues?

Cheers