Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old October 28th, 2009, 03:39 AM

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Driver Help Please

Hey everyone i am have a problem when every my computer restarts it always install this 2 drivers but i do not need because my audio driver will not work if this driver is installed so when i go uninstall it and when i restart it it installs it again and another problem is that for some reason my ene cir receiver has an irq conflict and i do not need the ene cir but how do i fix the problem below is a picture please help.

Last edited by Public; October 28th, 2009 at 03:54 AM.
Old October 28th, 2009, 09:32 AM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Hi,
I believe there is a [Disable] button on the "Driver" tab but this is not always available. Can you disable the offending device and does that help? My theory is that disabling the device may stop the problem and Windows 7 won't automatically re-install the driver.

Perhaps worth a try if the [Disable] button is available?
Old October 28th, 2009, 04:20 PM

I have tried that but my audio will not work and i still have problems.
Old October 29th, 2009, 06:45 PM

In your second image it reports a device conflict. If it will let you un-tick the Automatic Settings option, perhaps you can select settings which avoid a conflict?
Old October 29th, 2009, 10:00 PM

It will not let me untick it
Old October 29th, 2009, 10:07 PM

Perhaps you can find and un-tick the device it is conflicting with and change that device to avoid this one?
Old October 29th, 2009, 10:38 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
if you do not have a need for the phone modem, just open the case and remove it. The drivers will not reinstall once the hardware is removed.
Old October 29th, 2009, 10:46 PM

I fixed the modem problem now i have the other problem and to home4tea i do not no what the other device is that it is conflicting with.
Old October 29th, 2009, 11:29 PM

The conflict appears to be with the "ACPI x86 Computer" which you will find in Device Manager in the "Computer" section but we don't want to go changing anything in that area; it's not going to allow you to change that anyway, I suspect.

The offending device appears to be some sort of infra-red receiver, presumably built-in to the motherboard. Can you refer to the motherboard manual to see if it can be turned off from the BIOS, perhaps? That's assuming you don't use any infra-red device, of course. If we can disable the infra-red device then the conflict should disappear and perhaps the audio will start working again.
Old October 30th, 2009, 03:13 AM

Yea i do not need the infra-red thing but i went in my bios and there is nothing about disabling the infra-red.
Old October 31st, 2009, 10:03 AM

If we cannot disable infra-red through the BIOS then perhaps there is a motherboard jumper or switch that we need to change. Or if you can trace the IR device back to the motherboard, disconnecting the cable may stop it.

Obviously you would need to shutdown the machine first; I only say that because of horror stories I have seen about people killing their PC by trying to install memory (for example) while the PC is running. I don't recommend taking the cover off a powered PC unless you really know what you are doing.

It would be best to do some research on the motherboard first. If you have the manual, check there first. Otherwise, lookup the correct make and model on the manufacturers website (or just search for it) and see what it says about the IR device. *Most* devices in a PC can be disabled but motherboards differ; we need to know the facts first.
Old November 1st, 2009, 12:21 AM

I have a laptop an do not fell comfortable opening up my laptop if it was my desktop i would do it but not my laptop any other suggestions.
Old November 1st, 2009, 12:29 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public View Post
I have a laptop an do not fell comfortable opening up my laptop if it was my desktop i would do it but not my laptop any other suggestions.

now you tell us it is a laptop. was win7 the original os for the laptop? tell exactly what laptop model it is?
Old November 1st, 2009, 07:48 AM

OK i got my laptop from cyberpower pc the model is compal jfl92 i already went to there site and win vista was the original os but i got win 7 from the $30 upgrade thing for collage students and i installed it everything else in my laptop works except for this receiver thing i have had this laptop for about 2 years and it worked flawless in vista and in vista i did not have a problem with this receiver thing.

Last edited by Public; November 1st, 2009 at 07:50 AM.
Old November 6th, 2009, 04:34 AM

Could someone help me please