Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old February 26th, 2008, 02:39 AM

O/S: Windows Vista 64-bit
Vista won't let me change file properties

OK, so I have music stored on my file server that I needed to change the tags on. I tried doing it via a mapped drive, got an error, so I copied the files to my desktop to change the tags, and I am still getting an error.

I am just trying to change the track number of a song, but when I click apply after changing it I get the error:

"An error occoured when writing the property '#' to the file..."

I thought this might have been a permission problem, but I made sure my user accound and all groups I am part of have full access to the folder, and I made sure it was inheritable and checked to be sure the file itself (not just the folder) had the correct permissions, and everything is fine with that.

So what is the problem? How can I change the properties?

Vista Home Premium 32bit, no service pack