Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > Open Discussion

Notices

Open Discussion A place to chat with other members about non-technical related topics

Topic Tools
Old June 12th, 2020, 09:25 PM

The End of the World

ESPN and the other networks have nothing to offer. We are watching games played decades ago, or cornhole (which is like beanbags or horseshoes) and teqball which is basically indescribably stupid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmCDd7goWtE rather than using the timeout to improve our minds.

There's tons and tons of stuff on meditation, self-help of all kinds, first aid, science, on and on forever, and all the tv stations can do is replay the 2016 Super Bowl or last years Masters from Augusta.

I know we are stressed out from being cooped up, from the lack of paychecks, etc. But why have we turned stupid? No wonder Trump and his delusional minions are allowed to destroy the world. Hardly anyone is paying attention to themselves enough to put a stop to it.
Old June 13th, 2020, 03:53 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Last time I looked, I wasn't being told that I/we have to watch such shows?
Old June 13th, 2020, 04:43 PM
CTH Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufbra View Post
I wonder what it was in your upbringing Lufbra that causes you to be such a wet blanket. Hell man there is little enough discussion here, on this site, which once was a vibrant discussion site with witty repartee flowing like there was no end.

TN introduced a valid point, one that once would have resulted in friendly discussion between friends. Unfortunately again you are stifling that, I wonder why that is? Perhaps you need a good laxative to clear your fouled system.
Old June 15th, 2020, 08:43 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: MacOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Noob View Post
But why have we turned stupid?
Uhm.. turned?? This isn't a new development .

Sports is scrambling.. there's talk of all sorts of things..funniest I heard were stadium games with CGI-filled stands.... so it SEEMS like there's people there.
Old June 16th, 2020, 03:48 PM
CTH Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Seagoon View Post
I wonder what it was in your upbringing Lufbra that causes you to be such a wet blanket. Hell man there is little enough discussion here, on this site, which once was a vibrant discussion site with witty repartee flowing like there was no end.

TN introduced a valid point, one that once would have resulted in friendly discussion between friends. Unfortunately again you are stifling that, I wonder why that is? Perhaps you need a good laxative to clear your fouled system.
Who made you Post Police Officer?

He made a great valid point, I replied with a greater (more logical/obvious) valid point!
I noticed that you didn't reply with anything interesting to add to his great valid point, instead you chose to chose to criticize someone for their reply. Tell me, how does that make this community such a lively vibrant place to belong? As far as needing a laxative, you clearly don't need any of that, you manage quite well without any!
Old June 16th, 2020, 09:33 PM

O/S: Linux
Quote:
Originally Posted by lufbra View Post
I tend to agree. Why would some one who does not like sport or reruns tune to a network like this: ESPN: Serving sports fans. Anytime. Anywhere.
If this complaint is from the US there is never a need to tune to a sport station due to the vast amount of programs available.
Old June 17th, 2020, 01:13 AM
CTH Subscriber

Could I suggest that sports reruns are on because there is a lack of sport being played due to the lockdown.

Another problem in the US may be due to the commercial nature of TV stations, perhaps advertisers are unwilling to pay for ads or sponsor shows when many establishments are shut down, meaning that they may not generate sales from those ads? I don't know the situation there, but here in Australia, where we have a good National broadcaster, without ads, we are getting a good range of shows (some repeats of top shows), meanwhile the commercial TV stations are putting on some school shows for kids who are home schooling, I guess to do the right thing, and to draw their viewers back from the National broadcaster.

Overall I've been quite happy with the standard of TV here while we've been locked down.
Old June 17th, 2020, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Could I suggest that sports reruns are on because there is a lack of sport being played due to the lock down..
I would have thought that would have been evident to the original poster but that point seems to have escaped him, her, or it
Old June 17th, 2020, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Overall I've been quite happy with the standard of TV here while we've been locked down.
Ditto. Even though our national broadcaster now carries advertising rather than charging for a yearly TV licence fee..
Old June 17th, 2020, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Really? I'm sick to death of the "talking head on a web cam". Rather than rethink or reimagine shows, especially talk show.. they're all just monotone talking heads... ugh.
Old June 17th, 2020, 08:16 AM

C'mon now Buzz.
Happy happy joy joy.
Old June 17th, 2020, 11:23 AM
CTH Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post
Even though our national broadcaster now carries advertising rather than charging for a yearly TV licence fee..
The Radio and TV licence fee in Australia was scrapped over 50 years ago, it was costing more to police and collect the fee than it was raising.

There have been many attempts to introduce advertising on the National Broadcaster, but there has been such a public reaction that any Government that did this would be sure to be out of office for a long time.
Old June 23rd, 2020, 03:21 PM
CTH Subscriber

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
Really? I'm sick to death of the "talking head on a web cam". Rather than rethink or reimagine shows, especially talk show.. they're all just monotone talking heads... ugh.
Did you hear about LivePD being cancelled for good?
Old June 23rd, 2020, 09:35 PM

Yeah and Cops was cancelled as well. LivePD sort of.. well... didn't disclose a death they filmed. I think that was more a legal matter.. but the Cops cancellation was more political pressure.

I don't like surfing Youtube videos.. poor production values, bad audio... bad lighting.. just bad... but THIS is what normal television is turning into... youtube video on a big screen. yuck.
Old June 29th, 2020, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Noob
......I know we are stressed out from being cooped up, from the lack of paychecks, etc. But why have we turned stupid? No wonder Trump and his delusional minions are allowed to destroy the world. Hardly anyone is paying attention to themselves enough to put a stop to it.
Yes everything has gone to crap and it keeps getting worse...