Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Web Development & Graphic Design

Notices

Web Development & Graphic Design Problem Solving for Graphic Design, PHP, ASP, Perl, MySQL, SQL, XML, HTML issues

Topic Tools
Old June 11th, 2008, 04:16 AM

PHP trojan

Hi, have a website called www.roccoandjezebel.com. In the past year I've been hijacked four times and now have a trojan on the site called

Exploit-PHPBB.b (Trojan)
Location: C:\Users\Andrea\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Te mporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\RE4LN4NL\styles[1].css

I've tried lots of stuff but am not that computer savvy. My web designer (who did not create the website and has little knowledge of PHP) erased all files from the web and uploaded what he had on his computer. The only way it has been detected was through my laptop which has McAfee. I need help on trying to correct this issue. Now my website shows only some pages and no products. Does anyone out there know PHP and could help get rid of the trojan? Thanks I appreciate the time.

Oh yeah Yahoo hosts the website.

I also know that at one point I had holes in PHP and the original webdesigner went in and corrected them. Now I'm not sure.
Old June 11th, 2008, 05:13 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: MacOS
Contact Yahoo about getting rid of it.
Old June 11th, 2008, 02:36 PM

PHP trojan

I've already talked to Yahoo many times. It is not their responsibility to take care of this situation.
Old June 11th, 2008, 10:08 PM

Then I don't see how we can assist. If your hosting provider will not help you remove a malicious script from your hosting account, how are we supposed to help?

The only thing I can suggest is to log on to your hosting account via an FTP client, and remove the file. And perhaps find a host that will help you.
Old June 12th, 2008, 10:46 PM

why don't u move to another, more friendly host...
Old June 17th, 2008, 11:06 AM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
Contact Yahoo about getting rid of it.

thats helpful!
Old June 17th, 2008, 06:15 PM

It was. No one here can help with malicious files on a server, you need to discuss it with the hosting provider.
Old June 20th, 2008, 01:06 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
oh ok then.... keep up the good work