Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Web Development & Graphic Design

Notices

Web Development & Graphic Design Problem Solving for Graphic Design, PHP, ASP, Perl, MySQL, SQL, XML, HTML issues

Topic Tools
Old May 15th, 2008, 05:52 PM

.htaccess

Alright here is the problem; i want to display all my URL's in static form instead of dynamic form, so that search engines will index them.
I am trying to do this using .htaccess, my rewriteRule is below in code box:

Code:
RewriteRule ^cylinder_head-([^-]+)-([^-]+)-liter-([^-]+)-valve-([^-]+)-([^-]+)-side-([^-]+)-([^-]+)-([^/\.]+).html$ /headProduct.php?part_num=$8 [L]
Now the rule works, however it doesn’t just load the dynamic url but also changes the URL back to the dynamic form. How can i correct this so that the URL bar will display the static form of the url but load the dynamic one.

I have been trying this over 3 days now and cant seem to figure it out, hopefully someone can help me.

SyS
Old May 15th, 2008, 10:06 PM

what do u mean by changing back to dynamic? redirecting back to dynamic?
Old May 15th, 2008, 10:49 PM

Well if i have a link, or enter
http://www.domainname.com/cylinder_h...T7-AC999C.html

it should display the above URL in the browser, but it should load the dynamic content below:
http://www.domainname.com/headProduc...art_num=AC999C

Right now if i enter the first URL or click on the link, it will load the dynamic content but also change the browser window URL to the dynamic form.

I want to internally load the dynamic content page, but to the user aka the search engine display the static form so that it will get index.