Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Web Development & Graphic Design

Notices

Web Development & Graphic Design Problem Solving for Graphic Design, PHP, ASP, Perl, MySQL, SQL, XML, HTML issues

Topic Tools
Old May 13th, 2008, 04:29 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
error message on FrontPage

When I try to log onto FrontPage to edit my website I get the following error message. Server error: The server extensions were unable to access the file "httpd.conf". Please check the file permissions.

I have almost no knowledge of web design. Our website was set up by someone else and I have just been updating the information. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old May 13th, 2008, 07:06 PM

hm, I suspect that somebody who set up website, had a home server for tests, development etc and he/she could easily access httpd.conf file, while u can't access it if you are hosting at real host... but it still depends which host type u have...

my suggestion is that you just ignore the message, because if the current settings are ok, then don't touch that file...
Old May 13th, 2008, 07:23 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
I would love to just ignore the message....but it won't let me do anything....
Old May 13th, 2008, 09:11 PM

I don't know how frontpage works, check under settings and maybe exclude including the file...