Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Malware Removal

Notices

Malware Removal Discussion about Trojans, viruses, hoaxes, firewalls, spyware, and general Security issues. If you suspect your PC is infected with a virus, trojan or spyware app please include any supporting documentation or logs

Topic Tools
Old January 11th, 2007, 09:45 PM

It's a scan..... Can't be cleaned... because it was only a trial version... I got it from PC Tools...
Old January 12th, 2007, 02:54 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

That one firewall item that scan identified doesn't seem to appear in the SDFix log run before you made firewall changes in your registry. We can take action on the other items found (they may not be very active issues - possibly more like what remains after the removals you have done) so another check on the firewall settings first.

Download WinPFind2.exe to your Desktop and double-click on it to extract the files. It will create a folder named WinPFind2 on your desktop.

1 - Open the WinPFind2 folder and double-click on winpfind2.exe to start the program.

2 - Under both Registry Options and File Options, click "Remove All". Also under Other Options uncheck both boxes (this is to avoid creating a large log of many system activities we won't need right now).

3 - In the AddOn-Options group click the checkboxe(s) for:

* Security.def

Now click the Run All Scans button on the toolbar. The scanning process will show in the lower-left display corner, and when done will indicate "Scans Complete!"

When the scans are complete click the Simple Report button in the lower right-hand corner to create a report file. Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.

Copy/paste the log text back here please.