Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old August 29th, 2012, 12:39 AM

Internet history and page display problems

This morning I checked my history to look for a google search I'd done and found that only a few pages were in the history for the day when there should have been dozens. The day before showed only 3 entires when there should have been even more. For some reason, things were not showing up on the history in Internet Explorer.

I did a search and saw someone suggest to another who had had this problem with firefox that they delete their history and cookies (which I had never done on this computer. Owned it for a year) because it could just be full. That sounded kind of silly to me, but I gave it a try.

The good news is, things are showing up in the history again (with one or two exceptions: for some reason Gamespot.com is not showing and either is a blog). The bad thing is, eBay now looks completely different after my having deleted cookies. When I do a search, the menus are all different, the way search results displayed are different, different color and fonts and sizes. It's probably best just to show you what I mean. This is how eBay looks on my laptops, ps3, any other device I have in my house right now:

And now here is what it looks like on my PC after the cookie deleting:

This is really irritating and I can't seem to figure out what's going on or find any information from google searches. When I click on "my eBay" I also notice that when it loads the margins are different for a split second before widening out. It didn't used to do that.

I'm running a year old Gateway PC with Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 9.

Any help with these problems would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Lafleur15; August 29th, 2012 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Added some info
Old October 29th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Your pics are not visible.

Sites do update their display/format. No doubt in the near future the update would have been forced automatically onto you.