Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Windows 10 Problem solving for the Windows 10 Operating System.

Topic Tools
Old March 4th, 2018, 07:52 PM

How to bypass security - downloading apps.

I have installed `SOPHOS SECURITY` free version and wish to enquire how I can override it when downloading an app. – as a dialogue box pops up stating `download app is blocked` same happens with `Windows Defender` Incidentally, it should be noted I am a gent of senior years and my computer literacy is somewhat limited and request if possible to reply in `laymans terms`, thank you.
Old March 5th, 2018, 10:57 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
you will have to disable it. I found the following but I don't know if it is for the version you have but it should still be similar

Load up Sophos Antivirus from the programs menu or system tray

On the Configure menu, click On-access scanning.
In the On-access scan settings for this computer dialog box, click the Under the Scanning tab untick the Enable on-access scanning for this computer.