Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Malware Removal

Notices

Malware Removal Discussion about Trojans, viruses, hoaxes, firewalls, spyware, and general Security issues. If you suspect your PC is infected with a virus, trojan or spyware app please include any supporting documentation or logs

Topic Tools
Old December 8th, 2008, 06:53 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Exclamation Rejected email problem (suposed virus/spam)

I have a business partner that has recently had a hard time getting through to my email. I have contacted my email provider "godaddy" and supplied their response as well (which is crap to me). When sending the below email, he gets the following message.

Email:
Dennis,

1000 Business Cards - $50
250 8.5x11 Brochure Prints - $150
500 8.5x11 Brochure Prints - $260

So basically you are getting $20 off the 1000 business cards, $10 off the 250 brochures, and $15 of the 500 brochures. Now you can even markup the prices another $15-$25 if it is feasible for you to do so.

Note: Shipping will also be charged. It will be the charge I get from FedEx, nothing marked up.

Second note: if you ever get a customer from New Jersey, tax will have to be charged. No tax for any other state.

Anthony

--
Direct Email:
Direct Phone:
Google Talk:
AOL Messenger:
Skype Name:

*Company name and email address removed by Moderator*

Error message:
Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 554 554 The message was rejected because it contains prohibited virus or spam content (state 18).

Godaddy responce:
Thank you for contacting online support.

Most often the 554 error is caused by spam or virus content; basically we have detected questionable content. This content will be found either in the body of the email or in an attatchment. Please scan any attatchments with a virus scanner. If there are no attatchments, check the body of the email for external links. Hyperlinks that are listed on spamhaus.org will cause a message to bounce. Refer to http://spamhaus.org to determine which links are causing the issue. Once the questionable content is removed, your client should be able to email you.

I don't see any problems with the links or message so i dont know what to do. Any suggestions?
Old December 9th, 2008, 03:04 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Hi simplyg123. Just to clarify, your ISP is deleting the email before it reaches you? If so, the first step should be that he calls in his IT dept or whoever services his machines and has his computer thoroughly checked for malware. If it is clean, then you need to go back and talk to your ISP again.