Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old January 3rd, 2006, 07:33 AM

O/S: Windows XP Home
A: not working

Hi,
I am glad that there is such a wonderful website that helps people by going out of the way. Hats off to all of you.
This time around I have a couple more issues. The first being the fact that my PC's performance is slowed down considerably, and this has started sometime ago after a few days of when I had bought the internet (BroadBand) connection. I have tried to do a few things, such as installing the anti spyware software, but when I tried running it, it wanted me to buy it, so kindly tell me if there is any such software available on the internet for free, with the help of running which, I can enhance my computer's speed.

The second issue is, my A drive is not working, and everytime I insert a floppy, it says THE DISK IN DRIVE A IS NOT FORMATTED, DO YOU WANT TO FORMAT IT NOW? I have tried to insert various types of floppies, new and old.
But the command remains the same, kindly help me overcome this difficulty, and also possibly tell me, what could have gone wrong because of which this problem has occured,
Thank you so much for the support,
Regards,
Soudager
Old January 3rd, 2006, 09:22 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
First change the Cable connecting FDD to Mother Board. In many cases a faulty cable causes a lot of problems.
Old January 3rd, 2006, 10:12 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Try ad-aware. the SE version is free and I find it to be very good.

Are you putting in blank disks or disks with data on them?
Old January 3rd, 2006, 12:15 PM

O/S: MacOS
If you have the floppy drive setup wrong in the bios this error can occur. e.g. If in the bios you have the FDD setup to '3MB 1.44' for example in stead of '2mb 1.44'. For the performance try Spybot S&D, a simply defrag of the PC and increase performance or any registry cleaner (I use registry mechanic).