Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Windows 10 Problem solving for the Windows 10 Operating System.

Topic Tools
Old June 17th, 2023, 06:50 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Unhappy Tried to restore to previous restore point

This morning my computer was extremely slow and would time out when trying to get on websites. I disconnected my modem and tried to restart with the same problem. I ran Malwarebytes and it did not find anything. The I used cc cleaner and it said it ran in to problems and would only remove some trackers. I then decide to do a restore point from June 13 where I had no problems. Now I’m stuck in a loop where it can’t restore or fix the problem. I had to enter my bit locker key, which I did. Now it says critical process died and then gave me Red alert. I cannot boot my computer but if I hit F12 during startup, it gives me the following information: Boot mode is set to:UEFI; Secure Boot: ON; PTT is ON;
UEFI BOOT:
Window BootManager
Onboard NIC (IPV4)
Onboard NICN(IPV6)

OTHER OPTIONS:
BIOS Setup
Device Configuration
BIOS Flash Update
Diagnostics
SupportAssist OS Recovery
Change Boot Mode Settings
Exit Boot Menu and Continue

I have a Dell Inspiron5490 AI0, my bios revision is 1.14:1. I’m using Windows 10 and have all updates installed. Is there anything you might suggest to assist me?
My modem is working fine and I use the same internet provider for my IPhone and Dell computer. Thank you.
Old June 18th, 2023, 05:50 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
I was able to restore my computer using Dell's Support Assist. Chrome was the problem. I tried putting Chrome on the new setup and had the same problem. I deleted Chrome and now have no problems, except for getting everything back on my computer.