Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old August 17th, 2023, 05:18 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Chrome not working

I have had trouble now for a few months with Chrome which happens to be my favorite browser. I did a reset and lost unfortunately a lot but I'm trying to put things back as there were.
Chrome is not working at all.
I downloaded Chrome and this is what came up:

Enhanced ad privacy in Chrome
We’re launching new privacy features that give you more choice over the ads you see.
Chrome notes topics of interest based on your recent browsing history. Also, sites you visit can determine what you like. Later, sites can ask for this information to show you personalized ads. You can choose which topics and sites are used to show you ads.

To measure the performance of an ad, limited types of data are shared between sites, such as the time of day an ad was shown to you.
More about ads in Chrome
You can make changes in Chrome settings

Then there are 2 boxes. One is in Blue and says Got It……the other box says setting. If I click on settings
This appears:

Ad topics
Based on your browsing history. This setting is on.
Site-suggested ads
Based on your activity on a site. This setting is on.
Ad measurement
Sites and advertisers can understand how ads perform. This setting is on.

The only way to get any further is to click on Got It. Just so you know, this enhanced privacy window opens every time I try to open Chrome. It never goes away.

So I click got it and now in Chrome everything times out. I cannot get to any page on chrome.
When I use other browsers on facebook, they do work but when I want to play Slingo arcade. Every browser has a problem and tells me to reload. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I though perhaps I had malware but I've been though this with Jintan and no malware on my computer. Thank you.
Old August 17th, 2023, 07:25 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Wow!!! I think I got it fixed!!!

I deleted my Chrome cache and everything so far is good. Thanks just for knowing you'd help me if I needed it. Thank you
Old August 18th, 2023, 09:48 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Thanks for taking the time to post your solution.