Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Windows 10 Problem solving for the Windows 10 Operating System.

Topic Tools
Old October 30th, 2015, 01:22 PM

Need Help About an Audio Problem on W10

Hey guys. I'm using Windows 7 on my desktop computer. I have headphones, which I connect to the front jack of my computer case. My sound card is on-board (I have Gigabyte 78LMT-S2PT motherboard) and the back socket of the sound card (the one which you're normally supposed to connect speakers and the like) stays empty.

On Windows 7, I install my motherboard's Realtek audio drivers and I'm good to go. But I recently installed Windows 10 and came across a problem. Windows 10 has its own audio driver (in fact, Gigabyte has no W10 audio drivers to download on its web site). When I connect my headphones to the back sound jack, Windows automatically recognizes it and I receive sound. But when I connect my headphones to the front jack (the non-USB, circular socket in front of the computer case) W10 doesn't recognize any audio devices and I receive no sound. As I said before, I cannot install any Realtek drivers, since there's none for W10.

What can I do to solve this problem? Any ideas?