Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Applications Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of computer software applications

Topic Tools
Old January 19th, 2005, 08:45 PM

Question Disabling the edit/paste function in MSword

I work at a hospital where a user requested to have this function disabled on a few PCs. The PCs are running WinXP and/or Win2000. They are using OfficeXP,word pad and notepad. Can this be done? I went to the run command and typed gpedit.msc to get into Group Policies, but don't know where to go from there....Does anyone have any ideas ???
Old January 20th, 2005, 06:49 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Either uninstall Word on those computers and install the Word viewer or use Word's protection feature.

As stated on that page, With Word Viewer 2003, you can view, print, and copy document contents to another program. However, you cannot edit an open document, save a document, or create a new document. This download is a replacement for Word 97 Viewer and all previous Word Viewer versions.

However, if it's only certain documents they do not want to allow editing, they can use Word's "protect" feature to lock the document.

Word's help files are actually helpful for this one. Enter "protection" on Word help's index tab and then select "Protect a document from unauthorized changes" in the "Choose a topic section."
Old January 21st, 2005, 04:30 PM

Additional Info. on the issue

I have additional info. I need to see if there's a way disable the copy/paste function in IE. I'm not sure if this can be done or not. There's a Dr. copying & pasting things from the IE Browser to patients' info. ( By accident )