Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old August 23rd, 2004, 06:06 AM

Stop error 5x50 watchdog.sys

Hi. i've been having problems with overheating on my onboard motherboard chip...and those issues are being resolved...however this time when my computer restarted (due to heating again i believe..) it gave me the 0x50 stop error which i've seen before, dealing with hardware and drivers and such...but it mentioned the file watchdog.sys...and i have no idea what this is or does.
can anyone tell me what this is and what it had to do with my restart/heating problem?
your time is appreciated.
Old September 5th, 2004, 07:05 PM

watchdog.sys

I bought a new computer and I was getting very pissed, when I was gaming it randomly turned off, I thought to my self "Hmm It only turns off when I am using a lot of CPU usage" And then after about 100 at least of turning off I finnaly made it so my PC wont turn off due to a system failure, and then I get a message that some "watchdog.sys" file is bleeding memory, so I just go to seach and I deleted the file which happens to be located in sys32 files.