Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Web Development & Graphic Design

Notices

Web Development & Graphic Design Problem Solving for Graphic Design, PHP, ASP, Perl, MySQL, SQL, XML, HTML issues

Topic Tools
Old January 11th, 2011, 08:27 PM

Form to call out yahoo maps?

This is way beyond me. I have a client that has decided the don't like the directions Google Maps gives and wants to use Yahoo Maps instead.

I can't find any good information for Yahoo Maps though. The site just keeps sending me to the same pages saying that it is super easy but uh, I'm totally lost. I could not even find an easy way to embed a map like Google Maps. I tried the "No Coding" method (I did get an API) but all that results in is a link to the map that just displays and image and doesn't really highlight the location all that well (it certainly doesn't stand out like in Google Maps). I did find that you can embed a link to a map with the location, but the results are not much better. The driving directions version of the embed link always wants to start from the middle of the U.S. to get to the location.

Basically, all I want is a form where you would enter your address and hit submit it would take you to Yahoo Maps with the directions from the imputed address to my client's location (I don't need to embed a map).

I've managed to create a fairly complicated Google Map but I was able to find a website that gave a step by step run down. I'm so lost I really need some help.

If anyone can tell me what to do, or even have some suggestions on where to send me to figure this out, I would really appreciate it.