Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old July 27th, 2010, 04:36 PM

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Win 7 fails to load

Hello,

I upgraded my computer from vista when Win 7 was released and it has been working fine, until Sunday. My wife attempted to open Zuma's Revenge and the game froze and would not let us switch to any other programs. We had to reboot. Following the reboot, we got the blue screen telling us that the system had not shut down correctly and continued to reboot and the computer worked fine.

I attempted to run the program again and the same issue occurred, except this time after the reboot, I got a message that windows had not shut down correctly and microsoft would attempt to find a solution. I clicked the okay button and the program starting searching for a solution and then vanished off my desktop. There was another box that opened that stated something about the graphics driver had an errror, but I don't remember the full statement since my computer then crashed.

Now, when the computer attempts to reboot, there are vertical lines on the intial screen, where the options for manual boot and restore appear. The screen then switches to 00's repeating on the entire screen and then the screen changes to the area where I can safe boot.

If I hit the escape key on the intial screen none of the normal language is there, but gibberish with excess graphics.

I attempted to go in through safe boot with networking to restore the system, but once restore starts, it vanishes and the computer crashes. This morning after leaving the computer off all night, I restarted it and attempted to start in safe mode, but after clicking enter to go in safe mode, my screen is black with only the cursor on the screen.

I then shut the system down and inserted my Win 7 disk to attempt a boot from disk. As it was starting, where I think it was attempting to tell me that it was booting from disk, the words did not make sense and looked more like programing. Managed to get to the safe mode selection, but once again got a black screen with only my cursor.

Does anyone have any idea on how I can resolve this?
Old July 28th, 2010, 12:05 AM
Malware Removal Team Advisor

Hardware is not my specialty. However, you may have a problem with your video card. I would suggest you start a new thread in the hardware forum so tha one of the
Experts there can have a look.
Old July 28th, 2010, 04:33 PM

Thanks, I'll post over in hardware.
Old August 6th, 2010, 10:29 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Hi Brem,

First, you need to repair your windows & OS. Before installing the video dirver or updating your driver.

1. Boot with the Windows 7 DVD.

2. Instead of "Install Now" select 'Repair' which will take you to the startup repair window.

3. click on startup repair. It will repair your OS startup, It has to work fine. If not go to the next step.

4. Follow the step 1 & 2

5. Now, go to 'recovery console' insted of 'startup repair' and type the following command

sfc /scannow

This will repair your Windows 7 OS, now your system will boot.

6. Now you can download the display driver and install it. That's it.
Old August 8th, 2010, 05:10 PM

All fixed now

Thanks for the help.

Video card had failed and resulted in the OS being corrupted due to manual shut downs.
Old August 8th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Malware Removal Team Advisor

You're welcome. Sorry to hear about your bad luck.