Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old December 23rd, 2008, 06:40 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Unhappy Restore function fails to start

I have been suffering with an IE7 connection problem since 12/10. I have been able to work around it be doing a restore to 12/9 and all was well until there was a shut down and reboot. Again a restore to 12/9 would fix the problem. The last time I tried the restore it seem to stop midway and rebooted the computer.

Now the restore function will not start. IE7 icon says that the shortcut reference has been changed or moved.
Email will still download but will not open...says "Text format command not available. Please install Outlook again. Other applications seem to be working.

During the orginal connection problem the diagnostic tool said the firewall was blocking the connect and I did shut down the Norton firewall for a short period of time, and that did not resolve the problem.

Please advise what next steps to take. I can only connect to internet on a second computer so I cannot download any tools directly to the Dell 433.