Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old February 9th, 2003, 08:19 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Video Card Drivers...

I have this question and I have talked to people with similar questions, so this should benefit everyone. When installing new video card drivers, after downloading from the respective website, should one uninstall the old drivers before installing new ones? I have tried this before on a different computer and had a hard time with it. See, I uninstalled the old drivers via harware manager and when I did so I restarted the computer. Windows then recognized and tried to install the video card without me being able to install the new drivers...any suggestion here?
Old February 9th, 2003, 09:15 PM

first open the dnload to a folder
let it search for drivers when it dont find them,point it to the folder you opened them in, it will then install, or you can hit cancel and install them manually, and yes all old drivers should be uninstalled, and if your machine is running alright, let it be happy, updates sometimes are not the way to go with a happy machine. >cody