Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > MacOS

Notices

MacOS Problem solving for all MacOS versions

Topic Tools
Old September 29th, 2006, 01:54 AM

Angry itunes and AIM keep sporadically quitting

THIS IS SO ANNOYING! Sometimes when I'm on AIM and I'm typing an away message or talking with a friend, AIM quits, then a message comes up that says AIM has quit unexpectedly, would you like to report it, ignore it, or repoen it? OR sometimes I'm doing itunes and I skip ahead in a song, or a song ends, itunes just quits, and the same message come up. I have reported it to apple, but that doesn't help the problem on my end. I have deleted the play list files from the preferences folder, and there are no more files left to delete that you have previously said to delete.

Does anyone else have this problem? It is really annoying, it happens all the time!!
Old September 29th, 2006, 06:36 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: MacOS
What Mac? What OS? Amount of RAM? Have you done any system maintenance recently?
Old September 29th, 2006, 05:00 PM

I have a Mac OS X version 10.4.7, 2BG DDR2 SDRAM. I have anti virus software as per instruction of my college, ocassionally I update the software.
Old September 29th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: MacOS
I understand the college requires anti-virus, but there are no Mac viruses. Well, there hasn't been one since 1998.

Have you repaired permissions using the Disk Utility application inside the Utilities folder lately?