Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Applications Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of computer software applications

Topic Tools
Old April 14th, 2006, 03:42 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Question Whats The Best Dvd rip Application.

Hey everyone thanks for taking the time to read my post. I have a question or two about ripping dvds, I just bought a dvd burner and would personaly like to use it to its full potential atleast once. what my question is, is what is the best dvd ripper to use to rip dvds?. please help it would be greatly appreciated. my second question is for experienced dvd rippers, what should I look for when ripping whats the best way to do it, I know you can also make personaly made menus for random dvd's and such how do I go about it all?. or is there a place I can learn by my own online?. thanks again. take it easy

-Z
Old April 14th, 2006, 04:26 PM

Have a look over at : http://www.videohelp.com/
All the information you need is there.

A few points to note ......
DVDR's are 4.7gb (DVD 5)
Commercial DVD's (movies) are 9.4GB (DVD 9), so copying is not a simple process. Mostly the content will need to be shrunk (transcoded) to fit a 4.7gb DVDR.

Also most commercial DVD's are encrypted, to prevent copies being made and it is illegal in many countries, to make a backup copy.

Many newer releases employ additional copy protection methods, such as bad sectors etc., to prevent copying.

Last edited by The Wizard; April 14th, 2006 at 04:31 PM.