Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Applications Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of computer software applications

Topic Tools
Old December 31st, 2014, 07:54 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Arrow Outlook 2013: Unable to Send Mail from "Alias" Account

So I have two Hotmail accounts, a "Personal" and "Business" email account that I use for, well, personal and professional interactions from home.

I recently upgraded my ancient Windows XP laptop to Windows 8.1 touch screen all in one, and I have Office 2013 (via Office365) now installed.

I have had issues with the web client for Hotmail not telling me when I actually have new mail, so with the upgrade, I decided to use Outlook for home use as well.

However, even after "adding" the "Business" account into Outlook, I have found myself today emailing business contacts through my personal email account. Even though at one point I used the "From" feature to supposedly send an email from the "Business" email account...it still came from "Personal"!

What did I do wrong / How can I fix it so that I can go back and forth between the two within Outlook when necessary?

It was relatively easy to do within the web client, but it hasn't worked in Outlook yet.

Help, and thanks!
Old January 1st, 2015, 07:59 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
1st Outlook sends email through the account that is set as default, to change the sending account your click on FROM then select the account.

This may help:
http://www.scrubly.com/blog/how-to-o...-outlook-2013/

Also:

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/add-...-outlook-2013/
Old January 1st, 2015, 08:25 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Well, on the Groovypost article, I get to the step telling me to click "More Settings" and that button does not appear for me...so...

Also, I actually took the steps to "set up" another account and attempted to change the "FROM", and it did not actually change, so, I'm not sure what I did wrong with that method either.

Please advise.