Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old November 28th, 2008, 11:16 PM
CTH Subscriber

Close all Tabs?

Question:
Is there a way to disable the "Close all tabs alerts" associated with IE7?

Thanks!

Associated Rant:
I'm not sure why the term "Tabbed Browsing" seemed to undergo a revival with the advent of Vista or IE7, but I've always assumed it was merely having various web pages open at once, and the ability to hop back and forth, between one and another, the same concept I've employed with IE as far back as I can recall.

The one puzzling feature I noticed IE7 did usher in, is this prompt that occasionally asks, "Do you want to close all tabs?"

Isn't this the same task thats easily performed by right clicking on the main IE tab, and selecting "close all"? I admit it occasionally creates an error, but its long since been an accepted quirk.
With all due respect, to those who somehow prefer to surf one page at a time, this alert seems oddly related to a percieved annoyance, with those of us who prefer to hang ten, with nine open pages, trailing along dragging up bandwidth.
Old November 28th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
In Internet Explorer, go to Tools>Internet Options>General tab and under Tabs, click the Settings button. Uncheck "Warn me when closing multiple tabs," make whatever other changes you like there, click OK and OK again to save the changes and close the windows.
Old November 29th, 2008, 02:15 AM
CTH Subscriber

Thanks Miz!