Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old August 31st, 2008, 05:11 AM

Exclamation Can Someone Please Help me on this Serious Issue?

Hello I'd like to thank you in taking the time in reading this. My Pcv-Rs310 from Sony a Vaio Desktop has been rendered inactive because After installing my New Graphic Card "G-Force Fx 5500 a PCI Express Slot" onto my Motherboard I was Perfectly happy my computer could play my Css. I Checked my computer Specs everything was perfectly fitting(Power was OK), then after disabling my On-Board Graphic Card (as the Booklet Said) I played happily for times. About a Week Later of playing with the New Graphic Card the Screen Froze so I just turned it off and trying to turn it back on it was a screen unresponsive recieveing no signal from the desktop. I wasn't Alarmed till the 5th time I tried and it didn't work. After calling the company 6 times(they Hung up 4 times) I was given some "professional help". It was pretty much send the Gfx card back and try to use another graphic card to allow it to go on, Both didn't work. Now I'm Seeking Help from elite professional's such as yourself to help me on this problem. The Moniter Recieves no Signal or even the BIOS Screen from the Moniter. I'm asking pretty much is there another way to Adjust the computer's System Devices using another computer, A switch to Reset the Motherboard Settings only, or another way to fix the problem of my Disabled on Screen plug and play. If you think I'm gonig to have to buy a new motherboard please post because I'd love to hear what people reading to see what they have to say just dont do anything too over the edge.
Old August 31st, 2008, 03:31 PM

Have you tried taking the little BIOS battery out and leaving it out for a while . I think the BIOS should revert to default settings which should mean on-board graphics turned on. Nothing to lose anyway.

mickzer.
Old August 31st, 2008, 11:36 PM

I've just tried taking out the battery and the computer still is the same way. thanks though.