Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > Open Discussion

Notices

Open Discussion A place to chat with other members about non-technical related topics

Topic Tools
Old May 15th, 2003, 01:19 PM

Need help uploading files

i work on these things but when it comes to graphics pictures and sutch i need computing 101 my problem
1 when i take a screen shot and try to attach it it tells me it is to big
2 some when you post it opens as a file instead of an attachment ie:mawil picture of computer & Harries pictures to the UK
>cody
Old May 15th, 2003, 01:52 PM
Cyber Tech Help Administrator

From the FAQ page:

What Are Attachments?
The administrator may allow you to use the attachment feature of this board, which gives you the ability to attach files of certain types to your posts. This could be an image, a text document, a zip file etc. There will be a limit to the file size of any attachments you make, as the board should not be used as an extension of your hard disk!

To attach a file to a new post, simply click the [Browse] button at the bottom of the post composition page, and locate the file that you want to attach from your local hard drive.

Only certain types of files may be attached: these are the valid file extensions for files to be attached to this board: gif jpg txt jpeg.

After posting, the attachment will show up in the body of your message. To view the contents of the attachment (if it is not already displayed) simply click the filename link that appears next to the attachment icon .

So, if the screenshot's too big you may want to reduce it (maybe using a freebie like IrfanView).

At the bottom of the screen when you post, under 'Attach file:', it gives the maximum size here as 102400 bytes.
You can either add a pic into the body of the message using the [IMG] tag, or add it as an attachment.

Ummm....did that answer anything or am I on the wrong page?
Old May 15th, 2003, 03:19 PM

So, if the screenshot's too big you may want to reduce it (maybe using a freebie like IrfanView).

i guess this may be what i am looking for because it was telling me my attachment was to big thanks
>cody