Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old July 7th, 2006, 04:48 PM

Memorex DVD burner won't read burned DVDs

I've had this Memorex True 8X Dual Format drive in my computer for about a year and a half now. Most of the time it works great but occasionally, it'll take about a week or two off and won't read any burned DVDs. It will read regular DVDs just fine, though. If I put a burned DVD in the drive it will tie up my computer until I eject the disk again. Unfortunately, I can't remmber if I can burn DVDs at that time or not.

I've flashed the drive with their newest software and that doesn't seem to help. Does anyone know why this drive might be finicky on whether or not it wants to read burned material? All burned DVDs that I put into it have been burned by this drive.

Thanks.
Old July 8th, 2006, 08:28 AM

From my personal experience when I've had trouble with CD drives, CD burners, or DVD burners it's because the drive needs to be replaced. I had a Benq quit on re recently, thought it was drivers, etc... I had only used 1 Region, had 4 left, but it's a possibly that flashing the burner made things worst. I've learned from doing a search on this site, and other forums. I priced a DVD burner today... I won't say where, cause I don't know if it's against the forum to suggest stores... however they were starting at $79. I have noticed that this is not the place to find clues for infringing on copyrights, etc... take the time to search for previous topics for help with your burner, but more than likely you will end up replacing the one you have.