Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > The Anything Else Board

Notices

The Anything Else Board This board has been designed for all those subjects that don't quite fit in any of the other categories, and is also a place to share ideas and knowledge that you think might prove valuable to our other visitors

Topic Tools
Old January 28th, 2006, 01:42 AM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Question Files associations changed

Hi. Hope I can describe this without being too lengthy. I make a lot of cards for friends and family, i.e. front cover, inside and back, all personalised. Having just gone back to my 2005 and earlier cards that I had backed up on CD, they all now want to be opened in Picture It, most of them having been made using Microsoft Home Publishing or a Hallmark programme. The problem is, when I do open them in Picture It, I only get the first page so have no idea what I put on the other two or three sides. Can someone please tell me how to change these file associations back to the programme that made the card? Thanks.
Old January 28th, 2006, 02:21 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

If you still have the programs installed then right-click on one of the files and choose open with

If not then you need to install the programs
Old January 28th, 2006, 02:36 AM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Hi Degs. I have done that and they now open. Initially the right click only allowed me to choose PictureIt The other programmes, although installed, didnt show up under 'choose programme'. I did a browse, found them and they are now added to 'open with'. I really appreciate your help. I hate not getting to the bottom of these issues. Thanks once again and to this great site for enabling me to sleep at night Kind regards, Diane