Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Windows 10 Problem solving for the Windows 10 Operating System.

Topic Tools
Old June 19th, 2019, 10:09 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
I had some updates for a few days and this morning @ 8:29 AM I started them and it was Feature update to Windows 10 Version 1903 and 2019-06 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.7.2 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64 . I came back to the PC after 4 1/2 hours and the .NET had downloaded , pending install and it was downloading the Feature Update and was on 6% .... after 4 1/2 hours ! The .NET did install Successfully but the Feature Update ( the one that usually fails ) failed with an error number 0x80244018 .

Last edited by manyproblems; June 19th, 2019 at 10:11 PM.
Old June 20th, 2019, 06:03 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Some Microsoft updates never work (or actually cause problems).

Go here and follow the steps to hide an update, then hide that problematic Feature Update. Reboot and then we will chat about any other issues.
Old June 20th, 2019, 10:28 PM

OK .... I did that it it says the only update available id for Window Defender BUT .....in Window Update it says that Feature Update is available for download and install .
Old June 20th, 2019, 11:14 PM

Yes, that's the one you want to hide the update. So won't come back again.
Old June 21st, 2019, 12:15 AM

The scan you told me to do did not show that Feature Update ..... Only Windows Defender Update . Also when it does automatically update the Windows Defender, it will start the download and install of the feature update that takes many hors and I can't use my PC when it is downloading that and It Still Fails and ya can't stop it .

Last edited by manyproblems; June 21st, 2019 at 06:00 AM.
Old June 21st, 2019, 01:59 PM

Have you tried downloading the standalone installer for this package?
Old June 21st, 2019, 02:53 PM

Welcome to CTH softwaretested. Do you happen to have a link to the Standalone installer, cuz I couldn't find it.

I did some reading and realize that the feature update is actually the semi-annual biggie. You can delay it, but Microsoft changed the rules in May and so they kind of force it on you.
Old June 21st, 2019, 03:45 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Windows version 1903 has many, many bugs in it, if you ever get it installed. I would not even try to install it until MS gets the damn bugs out of it. This is one of the worse updates MS has rolled out without a lot of testing.

https://www.ghacks.net/2019/05/22/al...y-2019-update/

https://www.techradar.com/how-to/win...ow-to-fix-them

https://pureinfotech.com/avoid-probl...l-2019-update/
Old June 21st, 2019, 04:49 PM

Well Jintan, I know of at least once it was forced on me even though it usually says ( Like Now ) that when I am ready I can download and install . Murf , I have read what you are saying . That's why I waited until the last minute to try to download and install the last try . I feel there is some type of bug in my telephone company internet account and possibly Google also . When I go to my e-mail provider account and I click on e-mail and another window opens and I click log in to that and after some time it accepts that and that page turns in to another sign in page ( and the emblem in the task bar bounces around from " Post Data " to " Redirecting " ) and then when it finally settles down and stops doing it's thing , ( as in the past couple of weeks that strange emblem that I was telling you about Jintan ) it stays solid now . The emblem looks kinda like the " Batman " emblem but pointing kinda side ways and upside down pointing from 11 o'clock to 5 o'clock . I thought I found that emblem on posts on Facebook but not quite the same emblem and when I hovered over the emblem on Facebook with my mouse , it said " Public " . But anyway that last screen that has the " Batman " emblem that I have to type my password in to and I sign in it starts twirling and when it opens my e-mail , the taskbar shows the Normal emblem for my telephone internet provider . Also on that last window where I have to sign in , the green box that says sign in, half of the " n " on the word in is cut off ! I have talked with them a couple of times and they said it looks normal on their end . It started doing this maybe 2 years ago and their page just keeps getting wierder and wierder !!! Thanks for y'all help !!
Old June 22nd, 2019, 09:50 PM

On my phone right now, but I'll post tomorrow the next steps.
Old June 23rd, 2019, 11:53 AM

For that Feature update, I suggest you follow the steps here to delay it. Maybe for 90 days to allow MS time to correct it.

I assume you can't ID this taskbar icon, such as right clicking on it or rolling your cursor over it?
Old June 23rd, 2019, 12:23 PM

What is your email provider and what browser are you using?
Old June 23rd, 2019, 01:02 PM

Also right click in the Taskbar and go to Toolbars and see if the icon is listed there.
Old June 23rd, 2019, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintan View Post
What is your email provider and what browser are you using?
My provider name is now " Century Link ", it was " Embarq " when I started but Century Link took over a few years ago but I kept my Embarq e-mail account . I did hover over that emblem and it says " Zmail-Century Link " . But I wonder why their emblem shows for a Split Second on almost every site I visit ! In the past 4 / 5 days that emblem now shows solid for the last log in page for my email .... before then it showed for a split second and then showed nothing until I log in and once in my e-mail it shows the Century Link emblem . The " Bar " I am talking about is the bar that shows at the top left while I am typing to you now ...... it show a design of a little monitor and says , " Cyber Tech Help Support Forums " and when I hover over it .... it say the same with " - Reply To Topic " added . The little " Monitor " emblem is the " Emblem " for other sites I am talking about . Thanks . I use Google Chrome .
Old June 23rd, 2019, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintan View Post
For that Feature update, I suggest you follow the steps here to delay it. Maybe for 90 days to allow MS time to correct it.

I assume you can't ID this taskbar icon, such as right clicking on it or rolling your cursor over it?
OK now .... When I got this PC ( maybe in 2013 ) In the Start .... it did have a " Search Feature " but after a while , it is not there anymore .... have to do a manual search . So to do what you ask about going " Here " and delay the Feature for 90 days ..... I do not know how to get there to type regedit . Thanks .