Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Malware Removal

Notices

Malware Removal Discussion about Trojans, viruses, hoaxes, firewalls, spyware, and general Security issues. If you suspect your PC is infected with a virus, trojan or spyware app please include any supporting documentation or logs

Topic Tools
Old February 12th, 2017, 01:07 AM

Blondes have more fun until their computer starts freezing up!!! MOVED BY MURF

Ever since I downloaded Kaspersky Security, my computer has done everything but work correctly! And, I'm using a paid version and not just a trial freebie.

I have Windows 10 and use Firefox. I have a Dell Inspiron 15.

Many problems, so I will address them below:

It sometimes takes 15 minutes to boot up and Cntrl-Alt-Delete no longer works. I have to manually shut down and have to just pray that it will come back on. About 1/2 the time it does but the other half it just sits there.

Constant freezing with notices that "scripts are running" or that "Firefox is not responding."

Almost every page freezes.

It's a mess!!!

I will make a donation to the site if someone can get this fixed for me in a reasonable amount of time. I know everyone is busy and I understand.

Thanks you so much!
Old February 12th, 2017, 01:44 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
do you have another antivirus installed? if so, uninstall it. I have seen similar issues when more than one thirdparty antivirus is installed.

if you don't, try doing a system restore to a restore point prior to installing the antivirus
Old February 12th, 2017, 02:21 AM

I don't have another one installed. So I do need some type of anti-virus and paid for stupid Kaspersky.
Old February 12th, 2017, 04:02 AM

I did another search and found something with the McAffee name, so I uninstalled it. Let's see how things go now. Thanks for the suggestion. If that fixes it, I will be so happy (and shocked).
Old February 12th, 2017, 05:23 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 10 Home
If you are using a paid version, you might want to contact the software creators, and ask for help. They may already know how to solve the problem.
Old February 13th, 2017, 07:14 PM

I'm getting an error saying - Critical Process Died
Old February 14th, 2017, 02:17 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Uninstall all the anti-virus stuff you have installed, reboot, all errors gone? You do not need anti-virus with Windows 10. It is already built in also with malware. It works good. It is all I use on all my machines with Windows 10.

Windows Defender is in my opinion the best for Windows 10. If you are uneasy then also run the free Malwarebytes once a week, That is ALL YOU NEED!! PERIOD.

You do not need any of that 3rd party crap out there everyone tries to sell you.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...rotect-your-pc
Old February 14th, 2017, 08:19 PM

I've done all of this and still something is causing my computer to freeze. It took me almost 2 hours to get to this site today to write this. I think I need someone to look at my system to see what is on it that needs to go.
Old February 15th, 2017, 01:05 AM

OK review:

1. You uninstalled Kaspersky Security through Programs and Features??

2. McAffee name, so I uninstalled it, again was this trough Programs and Features?

Your not just deleting the files?

If both were uninstalled through Programs and Features then lets try this:

Press and hold (or right-click) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.

1. Search Control Panel for Recovery.
  2. Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
  3. Choose the restore point just before the date of installing Kaspersky Security and then select Next > Finish
If you’re not seeing any restore points, it might be because system protection isn’t turned on. To check, go to the Control Panel, search for Recovery, and then select Recovery > Configure System Restore > Configure and make sure Turn on system protection is selected.

If you do a restore it will go back to just before you installed the anti-virus (if that point is selected) you only lose what was installed after that point.

Let us know.
Old February 18th, 2017, 07:46 PM

I've done it all but still having problems. I took this screen shot of my last error message. I get this message all the time. I've updated windows.

https://postimg.org/image/drz8yddud/

Last edited by toria.best; February 18th, 2017 at 07:49 PM.
Old February 18th, 2017, 07:47 PM

https://postimg.org/image/drz8yddud/
Old February 19th, 2017, 07:02 PM

Did you restore it????
Old February 21st, 2017, 06:24 PM

I did restore it but it still has taken me over an hour to get to post here. I was using Firefox but switched to IE and was able to get here to post. Is it possible that Firefox could be the problem? I am at the point where I can barely get on my computer and have to start it with the off/on button, which I know is not good to do.
Old February 24th, 2017, 07:46 PM

I still have this problem and have changed browsers only to have the same problem. Is there a way (there used to be) where someone can look at my files and tell me what to do? I can't afford to buy another computer, but it takes me forever to even get to this site. I'd greatly appreciate it!
Old February 25th, 2017, 02:20 AM

O/S: Linux
Quote:
Originally Posted by toria.best View Post
Is there a way (there used to be) where someone can look at my files and tell me what to do?
The team on the malware virus can do that for you. It can be a time consuming thing though..