Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old November 10th, 2010, 09:47 AM

"Bad Image" Errors--Can't open anything...need help

My computer randomly shut off, and when it restarted I got a pile of similar error messages. The first error message is this:

"itype.exe - Bad Image

C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\dpgcmd.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support."

Then there's identical messages for (in this order): LogiCordless.dll
MFC42.dll
wer.dll
LogiVOIPDevicePlugin.dll
MFC42.dll (again)
BRSkypePlugin.dll
MFC42.dll
YahooPlugin.dll
MFC42.dll

After I click OK for all them, everything looks normal, but when I try to open almost anything, I get a "Bad Image" error message for whatever I'm trying to run (Windows Mail, Windows Live, Firefox, Microsoft Office, Control Panel, etc.) I'm running Vista 32-bit. Any ideas? This is kinda urgent.

I did notice a similar problem on a different thread back in 2009. I tried following the steps listed their, but to no avail.
Old November 11th, 2010, 04:06 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Hi jamieboy333 and welcome. Those errors indicate that both your Microsoft Intellitype and Logitech VOIP device software have corrupted.

Corrupted Windows files can be replaced by running the System File Checker but this does not apply to other installations. You could try running System Restore but if this doesnt help, you will have to uninstall and reinstall the software.