Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old May 13th, 2010, 04:09 PM

Question >> not logging off and very slow at start up <<

hi mod/admin,

i have hp pavillion dv 2725 series laptop.. Contains vista home premium service pack 2 . It was running very cool but last few days when i am trying to restart or shut down it closes all the program first and then the logging off screen comes and it will be same for as long, ie, it will not shut down. Then i used to keep press and hold the power button to shut down, and when i restart sometimes blue screen comes but sometimes it starts normally, but it takes a lot of time to respond while try to open a program. I am really fed up.. Pls help...
As well last one month the battery is also not get fully charged, it gets stuck at 84% and says plugged in, not charging.
Looking forward for ur co-operation.
Old May 14th, 2010, 01:09 PM

still no solution from ur side... pls somebody help.........
Old May 14th, 2010, 08:42 PM

Hi, this [Then i used to keep press and hold the power button to shut down] is not an exceptial way to shut down windows ,as it can cause windows file corruption .I would boot to windows cd/dvd and do a "R" for repair,ans at the prompt type in " chkdsk /r" with out the " of course ,good luck
Old May 17th, 2010, 01:38 AM

still no solution.... pls somebody reply with the solution...........
Old May 17th, 2010, 01:43 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Hi -=BULLETPROOF=-. Just to be sure that third party software is not causing the problem, try cleanbooting and see if you still have the same problem (see here, Step 1: Perform a clean boot). Dont troubleshoot it yet and make sure you dont download anything or surf to dodgy sites while you are running in this state because your antivirus will be disabled. Did you notice any difference?
Old May 17th, 2010, 02:45 PM

oh yes, now its restarting normally.......thanks for ur help.......
Old May 17th, 2010, 11:39 PM
CTH Subscriber

You are welcome. That suggests one of your third party startups is causing the problem. Try the troubleshooting steps now to find out which one it is. It is a bit tedious but quite effective in isolating the troublesome software. Once you find which program is responsible, uninstall it and reboot. You will need to contact their support if reinstalling the software doesnt resolve the issue.
Old May 18th, 2010, 01:45 AM

well, this problem is now resolved, and now my laptop is working fine... i have an another error while strat up , which i have posted on this forum, still i am facing that problem, pls do the needful in that case also.. the link is below:-
http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/...d.php?t=209123
Old May 18th, 2010, 01:55 AM
CTH Subscriber

Thanks for the update.