Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old April 6th, 2009, 02:59 PM

"Windows Explorer is not Responding"

I have Toshiba Laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium Sevice Pack 1. Every now and again my task bar freezes, and in order to un-freeze it I have to click it a few times then finally a window came up saying Windows Explorer is not Responding, so I have to click cancel on that then some of my startup icons disappear. This is a huge annoyance and happens quite frequently. If anyone has any idea how I can fix this, that would be amazing!

Thanks,

Jamie
Old April 6th, 2009, 10:22 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Hi Jamie. It might help if I can see what is running on your laptop.

Go here and download DDS to your Desktop and doubleclick on DDs.scr to run it. If your security software includes script blocking features, please disable these before you run this utility. When the scan has finished, two logs will open. Copy and paste both reports in this topic. The logs will be reasonably large so you may have to divide them into sections and make several posts to post them.