Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old July 10th, 2008, 07:23 AM

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Account Help

Hi everyone I need help. The problem I am having is that on my logging screen of my windows, I have 2 accounts under my name and I want only 1 showing up and to answer this question yes I have already been in the accounts folder to see if there is 2 accounts but there is not so can someone please tell me how to make it only show up 1 account name on my logging screen. Plus I do have a fingerprint reader and the company I have is upek and my laptop is a custom built one and it has windows vista home premium. So please help me out.
Old July 10th, 2008, 08:08 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Hi Public. Try this. Close all open programs and open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click on the Start button and type cmd.exe in the Start Search box. Rightclick on it and choose "Run as Administrator". Copy and paste the below command after the prompt> and hit Enter.

Net user <accountname> /active:no

I have an account named Test so I copy and paste the below command:

Net user Test /active:no

That should do the trick.
Old July 11th, 2008, 05:45 AM

Ok well thank you I only got know 1 user account with my name but I was wondering why I have a user account that says other users.

Last edited by Public; July 11th, 2008 at 06:05 AM.
Old July 11th, 2008, 06:38 AM
CTH Subscriber

Sorry but if you didnt create the account, I have no idea.
Old July 11th, 2008, 07:28 AM

Ok well thanks and i was wondering if there was some way to like replace on my start menu the games and document items with my own folder.
Old July 11th, 2008, 11:47 PM
CTH Subscriber

If you rightclick on the Start orb and choose Properties, options to Customize the Start Menu settings are there. You can remove the Documents and Games folder however there is no option to replace these folders with folders of your choice. You can load your Personal Folder though and open subfolders via this.