Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old March 10th, 2008, 08:50 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Angry "The User profile service failed the log on. User profile cannot be loaded"

this is the error message i get when i start my puter. i can my user account and all the files going thru the c drive and users but right now it has me on as a TEMP user. it tells me to check the event log and i have but i can not make anything out of that. please help thank you
Old March 10th, 2008, 09:12 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
Hello

Reboot the computer and press F8 a few times before the Vista boot screen with the progress bar appears. You should see Advanced Recovery Options. Choose Startup Repair from the list if present. If prompted to use System Restore, do so. If Startup Repair isn't present, boot from your Vista CD and choose Startup Repair.
Old March 11th, 2008, 02:16 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
will i lose my files doing this if i want to back them up frist since i can see them
Old March 11th, 2008, 02:22 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
System Restore won't cause you to lose any files, but you should backup if possible before just in case.