Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old June 19th, 2007, 05:26 PM

"Error performing inpage operation" and wireless keyboard/mouse combo

Alright so this is a rather odd question I just recently put together a new system and here are my specs:
Asus Striker Extreme mobo
4 gb RAM
400 gb HDD
GeForce 8800GTS
Vista 64 ultimate
2.66 Core 2 Duo

I had ordered a Logitech Wireless Mouse and Keyboard combo, Logitech 967692-0403, and it came in last night. I went to install the drivers on my desktop and put the disc into my second dvd drive. It appeared to be installing normally and then all of a sudden I got an error saying "Error performing inpage operation." After that had happened, my computer proceeded to shutdown in a normal fashion, and then it rebooted! BUT, if I put the disc into my first dvd drive everything installs fine no problems. Anyone know why this would happen? At first I thought maybe my second drive was defective in some way but I used that drive to install Vista on my computer and if it wasn't reading correctly I don't see how a huge OS like Vista would have been able to install. Secondly, I decided to install Half-Life 2 on my computer to see if I would get that error with another program. Half-life 2 installed normally, and that's 5 discs to install. Anybody have any thoughts?

PS, when my computer rebooted on my I just wanted to clarify that it had shutdown in a normal process as if I had clicked the shutdown button. I never told it to shutdown though, is that how Vista deals with this kind of ereror?