Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old January 5th, 2007, 11:45 PM

Smile Need Help with vista feature

Can some one give me information availble for the Business Enterprise and Ultimate versions.

I tried to look it up on microsoft website but there was very little info.

these features in particular.

1) Wireless Network Provisioning
2) Presentation Settings
3) Windows Fax and Scan
4) Windows Meeting Space

How to get to this option?
What is this option used for?
When to use this option?
Why use it?
Where to use it?

Anything really...
Old January 6th, 2007, 03:41 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Here is a starting place:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

Presentation

Fax and Scan

As you have found out not too much info out there yet. Once released later this month the info should be growing immensely by the day.

MSDN is a good source of info which has a search engine:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/win...a/default.aspx
Old January 6th, 2007, 03:42 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
Hi!

Wireless Network Provisioning is included in the three "best" Vista versions: Business, Enterprise, and Ultimate. It basically lets admins use Group Policies and/or command-line tools to tweak wireless networks. Most home users probably won't need this, but it would be nice for businesses.

Presentation Settings: These (I believe) are just customizable settings for presentations (for example, shutting down the screensaver, wallpaper, etc). These are present in all versions of Vista except for Home Basic and I think they are for portable use only. It sounds like it is just a faster, more efficient way to change settings for a presentation.

Windows Fax and Scan: I think that this is just improved fax and scanning software. Here is Microsoft's link explaining it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Microsoft
Beyond the basic capabilities, the Windows Fax and Scan experience offers more productivity and flexibility than in the past. New enhancements offer more complete document handling and communications capability, integrated with improved scanning capability—which supports one-click scanning of documents from locally connected scanners, network-connected scanners, and multifunction print/scan/fax devices.
Windows Meeting Place: This was formerly called Windows Collaboration, which basically describes what it does and it is like NetMeeting. You can share your desktop with another person on your network using Vista. Again, it is included in all versions except Home Basic, which can go in a read-only mode. This link provides more information.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't see Murf's post.
Old January 6th, 2007, 10:03 AM

PI rules thank you so much for your time and information....you do rule!

Well if you can give me more info of Provisioning...the path where it is exactly located in microsoft vista, it would be great.

Murf i will check your links out tommorrow...just got back from work and super tired.

Thanks again gys
Old January 6th, 2007, 04:03 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
You're welcome.

I'm assuming it is under the Network Center (Control Panel | Network and Internet | Network Center). I never tried out wireless with Vista, so I am not exactly sure about it. I believe there is more information here. Sorry I can't help more.