Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Windows 10 Problem solving for the Windows 10 Operating System.

Topic Tools
Old July 9th, 2017, 02:47 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
internet explorer

Just noticed that internet explorer is not working on both acc. I don't use it a lot usually just to make shortcuts to desktop save them in favorites then drag them onto desktop. Not sure how you do that with Edge. It was working fine before we started this.
Old July 10th, 2017, 06:13 AM

Hi, your system does seem to be quite messed up. I see nothing we did as resolving your account problem, we were simply removing the dirty bit on the drive. Is it possible to backup the data you want to keep and do a reinstall.

If not IE can be uninstalled and reinstalled it can be found under features in programs and features, unchecking it there uninstalls it, restarting and rechecking it reinstalls it, (recommended, I do not recommend permanently uninstalling IE)
Old July 10th, 2017, 01:49 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
internet explorer?

Hi Jenea, everything still working well exept for internet explorer, I can live without that. I did as you suggested unticked it restarted then ticked it again restarted tried that twice no joy. Tried resetting it no joy someone suggested finding internet explorer trouble shooting but it was not on the list.
I have decided that I,ve had this laptop a few years now and am going to get a new one. My son's laptop conked out a few weeks ago I'll give him this one. It was good that you managed to get it working reasonably well, thanks.