Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Closed Topic

Topic Tools
Old December 31st, 2009, 02:36 AM

'SymSetSymWithAddr64' Error upon attempting to upgrade to Windows 7

Ok so i just purchased the downloadable version of Windows 7 Home Premium for my current PC running Vista Home Premium 32-bit. Upon running the installer and reaching the part where windows actually installs ('copying windows files') i am hit with the error message:
'The procedure entry point SymSetSymWithAddr64 ould not be located in the dynamic link library DBGHELP.dll'
Upon clicking OK i am told that an unknown error occured and the intallation must exit.

Any ideas guys?

Have i accidentally downloaded the 64-bit version? How would i find out?

Thanks in advance.
Old December 31st, 2009, 10:04 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Heh, I thought I had seen this topic before. I have replied to your question here Hornzog so I'll close this topic to avoid duplication of replies.
Closed Topic