Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old January 24th, 2021, 12:04 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
HDMI Signal from Macbook Keeps Dropping

Hi. For months the HDMI signal from the laptop to my external monitor drops at random intervals. Resolving this is done by reseating the HDMI connection. The HDMI cable is running through and HDMI adapter that I bought from Apple.

This issues has persisted through two different HDMI cables and two different monitors. I sense that it is an issue with Macbooks. Apple support has not been helpful thus far.

I also tried using a VGA to USB C connector. That did not display on the external monitor and it caused my laptop monitor to whig out. It was unreadable.

I have a Macbook Pro, 16-inch, 2019 and am running MacOS Catalina 10.15.7. I have intentionally deferred upgrading to Big Sur. The current monitor is Dell model P2419H.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Old January 25th, 2021, 03:05 PM

Quote:
This issues has persisted through two different HDMI cables and two different monitors.
Then it would seem the only thing left to try is a different adapter. If the problem remains, then it would indeed appear to be a problem with your laptop.