Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Malware Removal

Notices

Malware Removal Discussion about Trojans, viruses, hoaxes, firewalls, spyware, and general Security issues. If you suspect your PC is infected with a virus, trojan or spyware app please include any supporting documentation or logs

Topic Tools
Old July 22nd, 2008, 01:53 AM

Popups non stop ..avast cant heal

My son downloaded a program last thursday and since then I have been bombarded by non stop popups. I ran the online scan for bitdefender and it says it removed a trojan but my computer still acts the same. I then downloaded avast and it now keeps saying a virus is detected and has been moved to the chest but it keeps doing this every so often, apparently the virus/trojan hasnt been healed.

I tried to do a system restore but to no avail...it wont let me choose anything. I did the safe mode reboot and then sys restore but still cant move or choose any dates at all.

I am now at a loss as to what else I can do to be able to bring back my computer to it's former working condition. Thanks in advance for your help

Last edited by tyghtwad; July 22nd, 2008 at 01:55 AM.
Old July 22nd, 2008, 02:59 AM

just an add on...my computer shut off when i logged back on it said in my hp admin local setting a vbs malware - gen virus worm was found
Old July 22nd, 2008, 09:37 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Hi tyghtwad. I need to see some logs please. Download Deckard's System Scanner (dss.exe) from here to your Desktop. Close all open applications and windows, doubleclick on dss.exe to run it and follow the prompts.

When the scan is complete, a text file will open. Copy and paste the contents of this log (Main.txt) in your next reply. Also post the contents of Extra.txt (it should be minimised on your taskbar but if not, it can be found in the C:\Deckard\System Scanner folder). You may find that the maximum characters allowed is exceeded when you post. If so, halve the logs and make several posts.